Tempest is a stable 20-man Mythic raiding guild with consistent leadership and raids. Tempest members love raiding for the means and not the ends, in an environment tempered with mutual respect, tolerance, and humility.
To this end, Tempest members follow these basic tenets and goals:
1) We strive to give 100% effort 100% of the time.
2) We will not tolerate any form of harassment, abuse or rude behavior.
3) We acknowledge that we might not be #1 at progression, but we determine that we will defeat new content with regularity.
4) We will enjoy each others’ company (mostly) and if we do not, we will seek a peaceful resolution as soon as possible or take our leave with minimal drama.
Tempest currently raids Tuesday through Thursday, from 7:00pm to 10:00pm server time. Invites begin at 6:45 to leave time for preparation. Be ready to accept the invite when it goes out, properly spec’d with full consumables and FULL knowledge of the raid encounters that we will be working on.
Attendance requirements vary by your rank:
Friend: Non-raiding rank. Friends/Family of raiders are welcome to join at friend rank, but they will not receive invites to the main raid. We typically do not recruit people as friends unless they directly know a member of the raid.
Recruit: 95%+. Recruits need to show up to raid as much as possible for the raid leads to properly assess performance and attitude. As we honor our commitment to raiding as a commitment to each other, so do we expect the same from you.
--Recruits are on a 3 week trial. Your goal is to impress us to the point that we want to keep you. Some of the metrics that we use include, but are not limited to: general attitude, preparedness, and performance.
--If you cannot make a raid or will be late, be sure to post in the Absences channel in Discord. Sending an officer a whisper or an in-game mail is not sufficient. People who are absent while consistently failing to post will be demoted and possibly /gkicked. This applies to EVERYONE, even if you cannot make every Thursday raid due to your polka dance club membership. Post anyway, every time.
Loot is intended to help the guild with PVE progression, not as a reward for showing up to raids.
To this end, loot is decided using a modified DKP system:
Nevermind! With BfA, the only means of handling loot is via blizzard's Personal Loot system
We are not going to dictate to you what you should do with the items you receive, however there are some guidelines that we will be working under:
1) We will be using RCLootCouncil to facilitate loot sharing. You must have this addon and keep it updated.
2) No one is to run an addon that announces what people won and who it is an upgrade for. Anyone running one will be asked to turn it off, if they refuse, they'll be removed from the raid.
3) When loot goes out, do not under any circumstances whisper a member "Hey, you need that?".
4) Members will be asked to review the loot they got, and if they wish to put it up for rolls, to do so using RCLootCouncil. If you receive an item that is not an upgrade for your main spec, but is an upgrade for your off spec, we would encourage you to make that item available for trade to someone’s main spec.
If you have offered an item and all rolls are for off-spec (or mog), the raider who made the loot available has the discretion to retain the item for themselves.
Loot Roll Priority We have a loot roll priority, in an attempt to live within the boundaries of Personal Loot, but still get items in the hands of the people who need them most for MS.
So with that in mind, the order we will go in when considering rolls is:
MS15 > MS > OS > Tertiary > Mog
How it works 1) Boss dies. 2) If you receive an item you are able to trade, RCLootCouncil will ask you if you want put it up for rolls. You indicate yes/no. 3) Petrol checks attendance to ensure that the winner is above 80% attendance. He choses the recipient based on loot roll priority. 4) You trade item(s) to the people who won them, as identified by RCLootCouncil.
Private Trades Setting up a private trade deal between you and a buddy is not something we can prevent, but it is highly discouraged.
No selling / purchasing of any loot won on a Tempest raid is permitted. If any officer is informed of selling / purchasing, the guild members involved will be gkicked/punished.